Dr. Carlo Serrano is an adjunct professor in PIU's John Wesley School of Leadership. He has over 13 years of combined experience in non-profit executive leadership as a lead pastor, teaching pastor, associate pastor, and professor. He also serves on the board of directors of multiple non-profit organizations. Dr. Serrano is a published researcher with work related to leadership emergence, ethical leadership, and servant leadership. Dr. Serrano also serves as the Teaching Pastor of oneChurch.tv in Clarksville, TN. He and his wife Jaemi have teenage sons.
- (2020). Biblical principles for resilience in leadership: Theory and cases. London, UK: Palgrave MacMillan.
- (2020). The organization as a mixed martial artist: A metaphor for environmental uncertainty. In R. Huizinga & D. Dean (Eds.), Organizational Metaphors. London, UK: Palgrave MacMillan.
- (2018). It seemed good to the holy spirit and to us: A biblical example of the organizational decision-making process. Journal of Applied Christian Leadership, 12(1), 10-15.
- (2018). The value of wisdom. Theology of Leadership Journal, 1(2), 40-47.
- (2018). The temple, the body, and the people: Ancient metaphors for the modern church. Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership, 8(1), 3-11.
- (2017) The spiritual formation of ecclesial leaders: Insights from a burgeoning field. Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership, 7(1), 80-90.
- (2017). Leadership fatigue: What new leaders can learn from an old king. Bloomington, IN: Westbow Press.
- (2016). Loyalty, discipline, and legacy: Exploring leadership emergence in a Brazilian jiu jitsu academy. International Journal of Martial Arts, 2(1), 1-11.
- (2014). Charismatic and servant leadership as seen in king Saul and young David: An inner texture analysis of 1 Samuel 17:1-58. Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership. 6(1), 27-40.
- (2019, October). Resolve, change, and greatness: How the values of the US president unify and divide. Paper presented at the upcoming International Leadership Association 2019 Global Conference, Ottawa, ON.
- (2015, March) Systematic and spirit-led: 21st century hermeneutics and spiritual formation. Paper presented at the 2015 Holy Spirit and Christian Formation Conference, Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA.
- (2015, February). CEO no more: The future of church leadership. Paper presented at the Student Scholars Forum, Association for Biblical Higher Education Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL.
- (2014, December). Intoxicating leadership: Leading under the influence. Paper presented at the 2014 Virtual Conference on Moral Leadership, Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA.
- (2014, May). The sovereignty of God and charismatic leadership: Insights for the JBPL. Paper presented at the 2014 Roundtables of Leadership Research and Practice, Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA.
- (2014, May). An examination of the servant leadership assessment instrument and the servant leadership survey. Paper presented at the 2014 Roundtables of Leadership Research and Practice, Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA.